Søg i bloggen

fredag den 25. oktober 2013

Notes from my Media Tracking

October 24, 2013

9:12 Computer
I turn on my computer (want to check mails, facebook etc. – my usual sites).
I forgot the internet cable and there is no acces.
Hotmail:
Deletes 2 mails (magazine spam; trying to sell me stuff – from a subscription to the magazine’s news).
Facebook:
Thomas sent me a PM with a link to a student job, this links to another facebook page (the one of the company).
è Java update interrupts me (I won’t install the new update because there has been some issues with java and use of NemId, I won’t risk not being able to access NemId, until im sure the problems has been fixed) – I press “cancel”
(back to FB) I scroll down, until where I left of yesterday, nothing much catches my attention.
I answer Thomas’ message; im not sure the job is for me, it does not build on my strongest competencies (job job is about Business Development).
LinkedIn:
A new notification: some CEO I don’t know viewed my profile (I sometimes wonder what catches their interest in my profile, is it the headline or my profile picture? Very little information about me is givin (the headline and my picture) until they visit my actual site.
I watch the “People you may know” to see if any acquaintances has got a profile there (on LinkedIn).
There are some people I know of from when I lived I Fensmark/Naestved, but don’t really talk to, so I don’t add them to my connection (I didn’t really talk that much to them when I lived there either). And there are people I think I have seen before (on campus) but i don’t know them either, so I won’t add them.

10:16 Computer Facebook
Quick browse through.
A friend of mine has got a girlfriend and changed his status to “in a relationship” on Facebook. With the announcement on FB there is also a picture of the girl attached (her profile picture). I look at this for a while. She is pretty. It’s a staged picture (not pic-of-the-moment), it is black and white, her hair and make-up is all done and she does a sort of pose on the pic. (Why do this appeal to med?)
Another friend has “liked” a person’s profile picture, I stop at this too. She is also pretty (the girl on the profile picture, I don’t know her). This is less staged than the picture before. But still a bit staged. (her hair and make-up is done and she is posing towards the camera, but I don’t believe the photo has been edited afterwards regarding to filters, colors etc.)

15:54 Computer Facebook (Hotmail)
I get a mail regarding comments on a FB group, that someone has posted in the group (I am alarmed by this on a sound on my iphone) – I read and delete the mail and go to FB.
Sara and Jacob (classmates) has posted on our class group, regarding an upcoming Christmas Party. They write what different food they will bring and I feel compelled to answer as well (to participate by announcing what I will bring). I guess both for the sake of letting them know that I have read their posts and that I want to contribute too, by telling what I will bring. But also selecting a type of food (from the list of choices posted in the event) before all of them are taken and I am left with whatever is left (I want to have some control over the situation by choosing while there is still many different types to choose from, but still I did not choose as the first person, as I did not know when it was acceptable to make this choice or to start delegating these tasks to everyone, I felt more comfortable making this choice as others already had done the same thing, thereby saying it was okay for me, and others, to choose as well).
è I guess this says something about me needing the acceptance of others before making my own choices. By choosing after others had done it as well, I was not concerned that my actions would be perceived negatively (they had already okay’ed the action).


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar